Reservations and payments
- Accommodation and additional service booking have to be paid 100% upon reservation.
- The reservation is confirmed, when the payment has been made in full.
- Minimum booking time is two 2 nights.
- All change and rectification requests must be made by email, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the event of Force Majeure (Force Majeure, e.g. war, strike or other obstacle related to natural conditions, etc.). In these cases, the customer can change the dates of the reservation once free of charge (subject to availability). The price will be checked according to the valid price list, any difference will be charged.
- In case of illness, we follow our normal booking conditions
- We recommend that all our customers take personal travel insurance.
- Polar Aurora Cabins has the right to cancel the reservation:
- If the reservation has not been paid by the due date or by agreement
- In the event of Force Majeure (Force Majeure, eg war, strike or other obstacle related to natural conditions, etc.). The customer has the right to a refund.
- Covid-19 – The international travel restrictions caused by COVID-19 are not unforeseen and the travel restrictions caused by that do not constitute a Force Majeure situation. In this situation, the customer ‘s cancellation and no – show will be subject to the normal booking and cancellation conditions.
- Compensation for the customer’s own damages during the holiday is covered by the customer’s own travel insurance. We recommend take personal travel insurance.
Activity terms and conditions
- Winter safaris are operated when the snow, ice and weather conditions are safe enough.
- When booking activities, a booking fee of 40 % of the total amount have to be paid upon reservation and the rest of the payment upon arrival. The booking fee is non-refundable.
- All safaris start and end at Polar Aurora Cabins and are operated with a minimum 2 participants. The price includes: transfers, guidance, and if needed winter overalls, shoes and helmet.
- Remember to dress warmly and according to weather, especially in the winter time.
- For children under 2 years we do not recommend husky, snowmobile and ice fishing safari. Parents are hold responsible of theirs under 18 years old children during the safaris.
- Of the safety reasons we do not recommend for pregnant to participate snowmobile – and husky safari as the vibrations and exhaust fumes might be harmful. The pregnant participates in other activities at her own risk.
- The activities duration is the estimated time. Time may vary due to weather conditions or other unforeseen changes. Polar Aurora Cabins is not responsible for any additional costs incurred by the customer due to any delay.
Snowmobile safari conditions
- To drive a snowmobile, driver need to be at least 18 years old and have valid car driving license. License need to be carried on the safari.
- Snowmobiles are insures as required by the Finnish Traffic Insurance Act. The insurance covers drivers, the passengers and other people or vehicle damage caused.
- The driver is fully responsible of the snowmobile handed over to him / her and for any damage to it. In the event of damage, the self liability is 1200 € / snowmobile / damage.
- Driving and safety instructions are given before the start of the snowmobile safari.
- To avoid damage, driver is committed to drive the snowmobile only on marked snowmobile routes as well as to follow all guides safety instructions, the rules and regulations that apply.
- Children travelling in a sledge pulled by a snowmobile-guide.
- According Finnish law, It is forbidden to drive a snowmobile under the influence of alcohol or any narcotic substances.
- Aurora Borealis is a nature phenomenon. Polar Aurora Cabins will do the best that Auroras are seen on each Aurora hunting safari, but there is no guarantee of seeing them. No refund in case Auroras does not appear. Aurora season: it´s best approximately 1.9.-31.3.
Polar Aurora Cabins reserve the rights to cancel or for changes:
- If minimum participant (2 persons) does not occur.
- Due to prevailing weather conditions, or if deemed advisable due to safety reasons and the comfort of the participants.
- If a participant is seen as a potential danger to him/herself or to others, or is in poor health.
- If the activity fee has not been paid by the due date.
- Polar Aurora Cabins has a General Third Party Liability Insurance.
- All rates include VAT.
- We reserve the right for any changes.
Cottage rules and instructions
- Apartment / cabin key is in the key box next to the main door. Closer to your arrival date we will send you an email detailing the apartment / cabin number and key box code.
- Earliest check in on the day of your arrival is at 16 o´clock.
- Check out before 11 am on the day of departure.
- Please, respect the silent time at night between 22 and 7 o´clock.
- Any problems or reclamation’s must be reported without delay on the spot. Unfortunately, complaints made afterwards cannot be taken into account.
- Costumer is obliged to compensate for any damage on the cabin and it´s movables.
- Only as many persons are allowed to use the cabin as agreed in the reservation.
- Pets are not allowed in the cabins or apartments.
- All cabins are non-smoking. We will charge a 300€ fee in case of smoking in the cabin.
- Open fire is allowed only in the fire place out side.
- Unfounded fire alarm and reset that, we charge 50€.
- Keep always one key on the key box.
- The telephone number for door opening service is +358 40 511 8255 (in case of misplacing the key). The opening service fee is 50€ at daytime between 8 and 20 o´clock and 100€ in the evening and night time between 20 and 8 o´clock.
- Always make sure at the main door is closed properly, remember also sauna`s door.
- Final cleaning is included in the price of apartment/cabin. Before leaving, please note that the apartment/cabin is left in normal, tidy condition. Furniture’s are on their right places, garbage on the trash and dishes done. Please remember to close the doors and close all electrical appliances such as an oven, coffee maker, sauna stove.
- Customer is obliged to compensate for any damage on the apartment / cabin and it´s movables.
- Compensation for the customer’s own damages during the holiday is covered by the customer’s own travel insurance. We recommend personal travel insurance.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com